Saturday, June 1, 2013

Writers4Higher features Debora Coty


Welcome to Writers4Higher





The purpose of the Writers4Higher blog: to feature authors in a new light, a fresh look at the way writers use their talents and life energies to uplift humankind. Writers4Higher doesn’t promote religious or political views. Authors are asked to answer three simple questions: simple, yet complex.


This issue, Writers4Higher features

Debora Coty




Hi, Debora. Welcome to the Writers4Higher family!



 

  1. Tell me about yourself. Your book(s), your life, your inspiration.

I’m a late bloomer as far as writing goes. At the age of 45, when my youngest chick was about to fly the coop, I was sitting in a dentist office one day praying about what Papa God had in store for me. Even after 25 years as an orthopedic occupational therapist and 20 years teaching piano, I knew there was something else I was supposed to be doing, but I had no idea what. I reached down, picked up a magazine, and randomly flipped it open to an ad for a writing contest. A lightbulb flashed on inside my head. I heard that beloved still, small voice whisper that it was time to follow my childhood dream of writing for His glory.
Since that time almost ten years ago, I’ve been blessed with over 120 articles published in international magazines, newspapers, and trade journals, and book number twelve just released in February.
I consider myself the poster child for “It’s never too late to follow the dreams the Lord places in your heart.”  If He wills it, He fulfills it, regardless of the obstacles.
Fear, Faith, and a Fistful of Chocolate is the newest release in my “Take On Life” series. Like the award-winning Too Blessed to Be Stressed, and More Beauty, Less Beast released previously in the series, F3 (as I affectionately nickname it) has been described as truth gift-wrapped in humor. All three deal with issues with which many women struggle on a daily basis: stress, self-control, and fear.
My writing style is conversational and witty. I enter into a woman’s heart through the back door where we sit at the kitchen table, kick off our shoes, sip our lattes, and get real with one another. Walls come down, excuses melt, and lives are changed as we join hands and tackle this faith-life together.  
My goal with Fear, Faith, and a Fistful of Chocolate is to help women find comfort, healing, power, and peace through our struggles with the often paralyzing and debilitating fears that prevent us from fulfilling Papa God’s purpose for our lives.
Within the pages, I share lots of scripture application and real-life stories, along with practical tools for confronting and disabling our personal fear monsters. Because tolerating our fear monsters only makes them growl louder. At the end of each chapter, I’ve included a discussion question section called, “More Pluck, Less Chicken,” which enables the book to be used in Bible Study groups as well as on an individual basis.

  1. Where do you see your writing taking you in the future?
Well, I never saw it taking me here, so that’s a tough one to answer. I plan to keep walking through the doors Papa God opens, crawl through the windows, and will excitedly look forward to each new twist in the road He has forged for me.

  1. How do you use your talents/time to help others?
I have been enjoying an unforeseen speaking ministry for the past five years (I've spoken to more than 150 groups), and keep in touch with many women I’ve met personally or online who need a friend in faith for encouragement and spiritual growth.
Having promised Papa God that I’d always be open to helping others like me who were called to a writing ministry but hadn’t a clue where to begin, I mentor aspiring writers and hold free writing workshops. I also teach at writing conferences and retreats, and co-founded the annual Florida Inspirational Writers Retreat.
A dedicated children’s ministry worker for the past 35 years, I’m currently “The Bible Story Lady” to nearly one hundred preschoolers at my church. I love it because I get to wear a crazy flower-covered hat, sing goofy songs, and dance every Sunday – the perfect job for a closet boogieholic!
I also enjoy developing relationships with new friends through Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and my blogs (one personal and one for aspiring writers) which can all be accessed through my website,www.DeboraCoty.com. There are also reviews, book excerpts, and some wonderfully fun 2-Minute Stress Buster videos there that will brighten up your day. 




Would you like to find Debora?


Check out the links to this talented author:




 



Be sure to visit the Writers4Higher Market! We have gear for the writer in you.

Rhett DeVane
Fiction with a Southern Twist




No comments:

Post a Comment

Deep Thoughts, Bruises and All. First of all, Happy Holidays . No matter your outlook or what you celebrate, I wish you renewed ...